The Concrete Polishing Council (CPC) was formed to provide standards, education and a professional network for polishing contractors and others in the industry. The primary goals of the Council are to furnish training opportunities and certification programs for their members and to share information on best practices with the design and construction community.
- Certification - The Tradesman Introduction Course qualifies finishers on a basic understanding of the polishing process. Offered in the classroom and online, the course certifies the finisher in the variables and challenges within the polishing process. Craftsman, Level 1 Certification is a classroom and hands-on process which requires demonstration of a higher level of knowledge and skill.
- Networking - Events, committee meetings, MIX Groups and other special opportunities provide members the occasion to mix and meet not only with other outstanding contractors and suppliers, but with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
- Three Telephone Hotlines - FREE to Members - These telephone lines are staffed by experts who can answer your questions. • Decorative Concrete • Concrete Construction • Safety and Insurance
- Contractor E-mail Forum - Contractors submit and answer business and technical questions via e-mail. Invaluable advice from your peers on everything from curling to sealers to time sheets to vehicle use. A members only, web-based Concrete Information Directory contains all of the Q & A from the Forum for easy reference.
- White Papers - Papers define topics such as "Surface Coated Concrete" and "Burnished Polished Concrete." There are also 43 Position Statements on general concrete construction issues.
- Mentoring Program - The ASCC Mentoring Program unites seasoned concrete construction professionals with members oflesser experience in a guided program to share knowledge and experience. Mentees can be any ASCC member seeking to augment their general knowledge of concrete contracting or looking for guidance in a particular area.
- Annual Events:
Annual Conference - This fall event brings together owners, project foremen and superintendents, estimators, safety directors, and other company managers for seminars, roundtable discussions, demonstrations, and fun.
Concrete Executive Leadership Forum - A unique opportunity each summer to exchange ideas, learn new management and leadership techniques and develop friendships with CEOs, owners and managers from the country's leading concrete construction companies.
World of Concrete - ASCC takes advantage of the major concrete event to host its Annual Meeting, a pre-show party, our Decorative Concrete Awards program, and other networking opportunities.
- MIX Groups - The Management Information eXchange (MIX) Groups program is a way for owners of concrete construction firms to meet regularly and share best practices without violating antitrust laws. Participation is FREE to members.
- A Guide to Selecting a Concrete Contractor - provides the small to medium-sized contractor a checklist of items such as references, drawings, safety practices, insurance coverage, etc., that allows potential customers to compare what your company offers with the competition. This simple brochure emphasizes that contractor selection should be determined by pre-planning, experience, quality of work and track record, not just price. One copy FREE to members.
- Safety Manual - This comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. Provided on a compact disk, you can print as needed and customize for your company. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $25.00 each ($75.00 each for non-members).
- Sealer Publications - Documents produced by ASCC members dealing with solvent and water-based acrylic sealers for interior and exterior use. Sealer Selection and Application Guide, Concrete Sealer Expectations & Maintenance Guide, a Sealer Characteristics selection chart, and a Glossary of Related Terms are downloadable by members.
- World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts - As an ASCC/CPC member, your registration at the World of Concrete is $20* until December 15th (enter code A20), for a $60 savings off the on-site admission fee. After December 15th registration will be $40 with a $40 savings off the on-site admission fee if you enter code A20. You also receive discounted advance registration for all World of Concrete seminars.
- Monthly Newsletter - Keeps you current with ASCC activities of value to you and your company. Available electronically.
- Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
Checklist for the Concrete Pre-Construction Conference
Checklist for Ordering and Scheduling Ready Mixed Concrete
Guide for Surface Finish of Concrete Slabs on Ground
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary
Cement Burn Poster
Discounted Publications Include: Guide for Concrete Slabs That Receive Moisture-Sensitive Flooring Materials, Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Buildings, Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures, plus many more.
- Magazine Subscriptions - FREE subscriptions to Concrete International, Concrete Contractor, and Concrete Decor keep you and key personnel current with concrete construction technology and business issues.
- Webinars - 45-minute webinars, offered monthly, provide members access to speakers and topics from the comfort of their offices. A mix of business and technical topics have included Sealer Issues, Accuracy and Productivity in Estimating, Benefits of Chemical Admixtures in Concrete Construction, and Architectural Concrete: One Person's Defect May Be
Another Person's Feature.
- Member Directory - The ASCC Member Directory lists all members of the ASCC by company name, delegate and alternate member names; includes address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Company Listing on the ASCC Website - Every member receives a FREE listing on the ASCC website.