The American Society of Concrete Contractors welcomes individuals working in the concrete and international construction industry worldwide as members. The benefits of joining the American Society of Concrete Contractors are applicable on a global scale, providing resources and information for individuals in the concrete industry that is up-to-date, reliable and informative. Benefits for international members include discounts on valuable publications, monthly newsletters, access to research and education, involvement in special councils and much more. See the full list of benefits available to those who work in the international concrete industry that become members of the ASCC below.
For more information about becoming a member of the ASCC, please visit our Membership page.
Membership Benefits: International Members
1) Networking – Annual events, committee meetings, and other special opportunities provide members the occasion to mix and meet not only with other outstanding contractors and suppliers, but with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
2) Three Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – These telephone lines are staffed by experts who can answer your questions.
Concrete Construction Safety and Insurance Decorative Concrete
3) Safety Manual – This 288-page, comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. In CD form. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $25.00 each ($75.00 each for non-members).
4) Position Statements – 39 one-page papers cover topics such as “Moisture-Sensitive Floor Coverings on Concrete Slabs,” “Birdbaths,” “Tolerances,” and “Trowel Marks.” The statements are written for architects, engineers and others who need to understand the contractor’s point of view. There are eight Position Statements on decorative concrete topics.
5) Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
Checklist for the Concrete Pre-Construction Conference
Checklist for Ordering and Scheduling Ready Mixed Concrete
Guide for Surface Finish of Concrete Slabs on Ground
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary
Cement Burn Poster
Discounted Publications Include: Guide for Concrete Slabs That Receive Moisture-Sensitive Flooring Materials, Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Buildings, Making Concrete Countertops, plus many more.
6) Contractor E-mail Forum – Contractors who choose to participate submit and answer business and technical questions via e-mail. Invaluable advice from other contractors on everything from curling to sealers to time sheets to vehicle use.
7) Monthly Newsletter – Keeps you current with ASCC activities of value to you and your company. Available electronically.
8) A Guide to Selecting a Concrete Contractor – provides the small to medium-sized contractor a checklist of items such as references, drawings, safety practices, insurance coverage, etc., that allows potential customers to compare what your company offers with the competition. This simple brochure emphasizes that contractor selection should be determined by pre-planning, experience, quality of work and track record, not just price. One copy FREE to members.
9) Event Discounts – Discounts on registration for ASCC events including the Concrete Executive Leadership Forum, Annual Conference and World of Concrete activities.
10) World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts – As an ASCC member, your registration at the World of Concrete is $20* until December 15th (enter code A20), for a $60 savings off the on-site admission fee. After December 15th registration will be $40 with a $40 savings off the on-site admission fee if you enter code A20. You also receive discounted advance registration for all World of Concrete seminars.
* Vendor companies eligible to exhibit at The World of Concrete receive a 50 percent discount on their registration fee.
11) Company Listing on the ASCC Website – Every member receives a FREE listing on the ASCC website.
12) Troubleshooting Newsletter – Questions and answers from the HOTLINES are compiled in this publication. If one contractor is having a problem, chances are that you’ll have to deal with that same problem eventually. Available FREE to members as they are developed. Full sets available to members at a discount. Newsletters currently in set of 68.
13) Safety Videotapes & DVDs – These are selected and reviewed by the ASCC Safety & Risk Management Council. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members.
14) Member Directory – The Member Directory lists all members by company name, delegate and alternate member names; includes address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
15) Magazine Subscriptions – FREE subscriptions to Concrete Construction, Concrete International, and Concrete Décor keep you and key personnel current with concrete construction technology and business issues.
16) Member Certificate – All members receive a certificate of membership suitable for framing and display. Sustaining members receive a special certificate with a mounting plaque.