DECORATIVE CONCRETE COUNCIL
Decorative Concrete Council (DCC) – The DCC educated contractors on the technical and business aspects of decorative concrete contracting. The Council also promotes decorative concrete to designers, owners and other end users.
1) Networking – Events, committee meetings, MIX Groups and other special opportunities provide members the occasion to mix and meet not only with other outstanding contractors and suppliers, but with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
2) Three Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – These telephone lines are staffed by experts who can answer your questions. Decorative Concrete Concrete Construction Safety and Insurance
3) Contractor E-mail Forum – Contractors submit and answer business and technical questions via e-mail. Invaluable advice from your peers on everything from curling to sealers to time sheets to vehicle use. A members only, web-based Concrete Information Directory contains all of the Q & A from the Forum for easy reference.
4) Best Practices – One-page papers cover topics such as “Curing Textured Stamped Concrete” and “Trowel-Finished Integrally Colored Concrete.” There are also 42 Position Statements on general concrete construction issues.
5) MIX Groups – The Management Information eXchange (MIX) Groups program is a way for owners of concrete construction firms to meet and share best practices without violating antitrust laws. Participation is FREE to members.
6) An Annual Awards Competition – highlighting decorative concrete installations around the country provides an opportunity for contractors to gain recognition for special projects.
7) A Guide to Selecting a Concrete Contractor – provides the small to medium-sized contractor a checklist of items such as references, drawings, safety practices, insurance coverage, etc., that allows potential customers to compare what your company offers with the competition. This simple brochure emphasizes that contractor selection should be determined by pre-planning, experience, quality of work and track record, not just price. One copy FREE to members.
8) Safety Manual – This comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. Provided on a compact disk, you can print as needed and customize for your company. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $25.00 each ($75.00 each for non-members).
9) Sealer Publications – Documents produced by ASCC members dealing with solvent and water-based acrylic sealers for interior and exterior use. Sealer Selection and Application Guide, Concrete Sealer Expectations & Maintenance Guide, a Sealer Characteristics selection chart, and a Glossary of Related Terms are downloadable by members.
10) World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts – As an ASCC/DCC member, your registration at the World of Concrete is $20* until December 15th (enter code A20), for a $60 savings off the on-site admission fee. After December 15th registration will be $40 with a $40 savings off the on-site admission fee if you enter code A20. You also receive discounted advance registration for all World of Concrete seminars.
* Vendor companies eligible to exhibit at The World of Concrete receive a 50 percent discount on their registration fee.
11) Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
Checklist for the Concrete Pre-Construction Conference
Checklist for Ordering and Scheduling Ready Mixed Concrete
Guide for Surface Finish of Concrete Slabs on Ground
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary
Cement Burn Poster
Discounted Publications Include: Guide for Concrete Slabs That Receive Moisture-Sensitive Flooring Materials, Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Buildings, Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures, plus many more.
12) Magazine Subscriptions – FREE subscriptions to Concrete International, Concrete Contractor, and Concrete Décor keep you and key personnel current with concrete construction technology and business issues.
13) Webinars – 45-minute webinars, offered monthly, provide members access to speakers and topics from the comfort of their offices. A mix of business and technical topics have included Sealer Issues, Accuracy and Productivity in Estimating, Benefits of Chemical Admixtures in Concrete Construction, and Architectural Concrete: One Person’s Defect May Be Another Person’s Feature.
14) Member Directory – The ASCC Member Directory lists all members of the ASCC by company name, delegate and alternate member names; includes address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
15) Company Listing on the ASCC Website – Every member receives a FREE listing on the ASCC website.