ASCC: The Only Concrete Organization By and For Cast-in Place Concrete Contractors
Founded in 1964 and headquartered in St. Louis, MO., the American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC) is a non-profit association developed by concrete contractors, for concrete contractors to provide a unified voice for the industry.
Since its beginnings, the ASCC has grown to represent approximately 760 companies worldwide, providing unmatched support for industry knowledge, best practices and recognition. Members of the ASCC represent concrete and general contracting firms, manufacturers, suppliers, designers and other concrete industry professionals.
This powerful organization remains committed to helping concrete contractors improve their businesses and their roles as contractors by providing the tools to grow while providing the highest quality product.
How Does the ASCC Benefit Concrete Contractors?
The ASCC is a concrete contractors' association with a purpose. We are the unified voice for the concrete contractor, helping them maintain a stronger presence in the construction industry.
We do this by providing valuable technical and business management resources and member interaction to connect and share information.
Membership in the ASCC provides concrete contractors extensive benefits, including:
- Industry expertise – through Position Statements, newsletters, one-on-one mentoring programs and hotlines
- Access to networking events – including annual events, peer groups, roundtables and other opportunities
- Safety Resources – including jobsite hazard analysis (JHA) templates, a comprehensive Safety Manual, bulletins on timely topics, a safety hotline and a full-time director of safety services
- Opportunities for continuing education – through webinars, seminars and publications
- Special member discounts – on valuable industry events and publications
- Participation in specialty councils – for contractors specializing in decorative concrete or polishing, and safety professionals
- & much more!
ASCC Specialty Councils
ASCC appeals well beyond concrete industry generalists. Four specialty councils offer sub-specialty resources for professionals specializing in concrete polishing, decorative concrete and safety. A fourth council is made up of associate members. These councils include:
- The Safety and Risk Management Council provides publications and other resources to make ASCC contractors the safest in the industry.
- The Decorative Concrete Council advances decorative concrete contractors through education and networking.
- The Concrete Polishing Council provides standards, education, certifications and a professional network for polishing contractors and others in the industry.
- The Manufacturers Advisory Board counsels the ASCC on how to enhance the interaction between manufacturers, service providers and the contractor members.
Join the ASCC Today
If you are involved in CIP concrete construction, you need to belong to the ASCC, the only concrete contractor association by and for concrete contractors. Learn more here.