Login | Contact Us
1) Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – Questions submitted to the Safety and Insurance Hotline are answered by members of the Safety & Risk Management Council board. The Concrete Construction Hotline is answered by the ASCC concrete construction specialist.
2) Safety Manual – This 288 page, comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. Available on compact disk, you can print as needed and customize for your company. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $25.00 ($75.00 for non-members). Revised in 2014.
3) Safety Management Plan – This manual was prepared by ASCC’s Safety Council to help small contractors develop and implement a basic safety management plan that can be customized to meet the needs of individual companies. The Plan covers policy statements, safety responsibilities, inspections, accident investigation, safety meetings, rules, training, recordkeeping, first aid, emergency planning, hazard communication, concrete construction, electrical safety, fall protection, confined spaces, lock-out/tag-out, scaffolding, trenching and excavating and substance abuse. Includes numerous sample forms and tags. Available in three-ring binder or CD. Revised in 2015.
4) Tool Box Training – These 52 “Talks” were written by ASCC contractors and reviewed and edited by Safety Council members. Concrete construction safety is the primary focus. Contains logs for maintaining an attendance record. Specify English (CD) or Spanish (Print).
5) Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction Cement Burn Poster
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary Tool Box Training CD
Safety Bulletins – 1 set Insurance Bulletins – 1 set
Basic Safety Rules for Construction (English and Spanish) Employee Safety Orientation DVD
2nd Edition, 2014 (English and Spanish)
6) Safety Videotapes & DVDs – These are selected and reviewed by the Safety & Risk Management Council. A copy of the Employee Safety Orientation DVD (REVISED IN 2014) is FREE to members. A skin safety DVD is available through the online bookstore.
7) Safety Bulletins – A set of 20 bulletins contain brief summaries of issues specifically affecting the concrete contractor. Bulletins include The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) to Hazard Communication: Changes to Chemical Labels and MSDS, Coping With An OSHA Inspection, Death On The High Wire, Driver Drug & Alcohol Testing, Enforcing Lock-out Procedures In Construction, Forklift Training & Accident Prevention, Impalement On Reinforcing Bars, The Importance of Tool Box Training, Nine Industry Best Practices for Improving Safety Performance, Put Gas Cans On The Ground Before Filling, Silica Dust Exposure, Theft Prevention on Jobsites, Tips for Working Sun-Safe, Truck-Mounted Ladder Racks, Working in Hot Weather, Preventing Underground Utility Strikes, The Importance of Proper Accident Investigation, Report Workers’ Compensation Claims Promptly, Safe Traffic Management on Construction Sites, Slips, Trips and Falls (from the same level): Preventable Accidents.
TURN OVER FOR MORE
8) Insurance Bulletins – These bulletins contain brief discussions of insurance issues affecting the concrete contractor. Topics include Glossary of Insurance Terms, Risk Transfer Techniques, Selecting Safer Subcontractors, Contractor’s Insurance Coverage Checklist, Being Prepared for Premium Audit, Completed Operations Coverage for Contractors, Fighting Fraud in Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Practical Tips to Control Workers’ Compensation Costs, Controlling Claim Cost Drivers, Stretching Your Insurance Dollar, Driver & Fleet Safety Program, and Non-Owned Automobile Exposures.
9) Job Hazard Analysis – Members have access to a template of a JHA form and sample forms for various jobsite tasks.
10) Site Specific Safety Plan – Templates for GCs and specialty contractors to help members develop their own project specific plans to maximize communication with and protection of project management, supervision, subcontractors and workers.
11) Safety Awards – Each year ASCC recognizes contractors who have successful safety programs. Awards are presented in the following categories:
Zero Lost Time Outstanding Achievement
Recognition Fleet Safety
General contractors and specialty contractors who score in the top 10 percent of all applicants are invited to apply for the prestigious W. Burr Bennett Award for Safety Excellence, awarded annually by ASCC and CNA.
12) Monthly Newsletter – Keeps you current with ASCC activities of value to you and your company. Mailed FREE to members. Columns by members of the Safety & Risk Management Council board and a Near Hit example are part of every edition.
13) Event Discount – Discounts on registration for ASCC events including the Concrete Executive Leadership Forum, Annual Conference and World of Concrete activities.
14) World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts – As an ASCC member your registration at the World of Concrete is $20* until December 15th (enter code A20), for a $60 savings off the on-site admission fee. After December 15th registration will be $40 with a $40 savings off the on-site admission fee if you enter code A20. You also receive discounted advance registration for all World of Concrete seminars.
The Safety & Risk Management Council educates and provides materials to contractors on all aspects of safety relating to concrete contracting and insurance matters. The Council also provides oversight on publications and demonstrations.