1) Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – Questions submitted to the Safety and Insurance Hotline are answered by members of the Safety & Risk Management Council board. The Concrete Construction Hotline is answered by the ASCC concrete construction specialist.
2) Safety Manual – This 288 page, comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. Available on compact disk, you can print as needed and customize for your company. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $25.00 ($75.00 for non-members).
3) Safety Management Plan – This manual was prepared by ASCC’s Safety Council to help small contractors develop and implement a basic safety management plan that can be customized to meet the needs of individual companies. The Plan covers policy statements, safety responsibilities, inspections, accident investigation, safety meetings, rules, training, recordkeeping, first aid, emergency planning, hazard communication, concrete construction, electrical safety, fall protection, confined spaces, lock-out/tag-out, scaffolding, trenching and excavating and substance abuse. Includes numerous sample forms and tags. Available in three-ring binder or CD.
4) Tool Box Training – These 52 “Talks” were written by ASCC contractors and reviewed and edited by Safety Council members. Concrete construction safety is the primary focus. Contains logs for maintaining an attendance record. Specify English (CD) or Spanish (Print).
5) Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction Cement Burn Poster
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary Tool Box Training CD
Safety Bulletins – 1 set Insurance Bulletins – 1 set
Basic Safety Rules for Construction (English and Spanish) Employee Safety Orientation DVD
(2nd Edition, 2014)
6) Safety Videotapes & DVDs – These are selected and reviewed by the Safety & Risk Management Council. A copy of the Employee Safety Orientation DVD (REVISED IN 2014) is FREE to members. Two others, a skin safety DVD and a crane safety video, are available through the online bookstore.
7) Safety Bulletins – A set of 20 bulletins contain brief summaries of issues specifically affecting the concrete contractor. Bulletins include The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) to Hazard Communication: Changes to Chemical Labels and MSDS, Coping With An OSHA Inspection, Death On The High Wire, Driver Drug & Alcohol Testing, Enforcing Lock-out Procedures In Construction, Forklift Training & Accident Prevention, Impalement On Reinforcing Bars, The Importance of Tool Box Training, Nine Industry Best Practices for Improving Safety Performance, Put Gas Cans On The Ground Before Filling, Silica Dust Exposure, Theft Prevention on Jobsites, Tips for Working Sun-Safe, Truck-Mounted Ladder Racks, Working in Hot Weather, Preventing Underground Utility Strikes, The Importance of Proper Accident Investigation, Report Workers’ Compensation Claims Promptly, Safe Traffic Management on Construction Sites, Slips, Trips and Falls (from the same level): Preventable Accidents.
8) Insurance Bulletins – These bulletins contain brief discussions of insurance issues affecting the concrete contractor. Topics include Glossary of Insurance Terms, Risk Transfer Techniques, Selecting Safer Subcontractors, Contractor’s Insurance Coverage Checklist, Being Prepared for Premium Audit, Completed Operations Coverage for Contractors, Fighting Fraud in Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Practical Tips to Control Workers’ Compensation Costs, Controlling Claim Cost Drivers, Stretching Your Insurance Dollar, Driver & Fleet Safety Program, and Non-Owned Automobile Exposures.
9) Job Hazard Analysis – Members have access to a template of a JHA form and sample forms for various jobsite tasks.
10) Safety Shirts – Hi-visibility long sleeved shirts with “Safety, When Zero Counts” slogan and ASCC logo are available through the online bookstore.
11) Safety Awards – Each year ASCC recognizes contractors who have successful safety programs. Awards are presented in the following categories:
Zero Lost Time
General contractors and specialty contractors who score in the top 10 percent of all applicants are invited to apply for the prestigious W. Burr Bennett Award for Safety Excellence, awarded annually by ASCC and CNA.
12) Monthly Newsletter Mailing – Keeps you current with ASCC activities of value to you and your company. Mailed FREE to members.
13) Event Discount – Discounts on registration for ASCC events including the Concrete Executive Leadership Forum, Annual Conference and World of Concrete activities.
14) World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts – As an ASCC member your registration at the World of Concrete is $20* until December 15th (enter code A20), for a $60 savings off the on-site admission fee. After December 15th registration will be $40 with a $40 savings off the on-site admission fee if you enter code A20. You also receive discounted advance registration for all World of Concrete seminars.